The vision of Operation Clean Audit 2014 is that by 2014, all 25 municipalities and 12 departments in the Free State Province will have achieved clean audits on their Annual Financial Statements and maintaining systems for sustaining quality financial statements and management information.
Support provided to municipalities includes the following:
- Assisting municipalities to establish Municipal Public Accounts Committees (MPACs) to extend and reinforce the accountability aspect
- Members of the Municipal Audit Committees will be trained and capacitated
- Municipal Internal Audit Units will be strengthened and capacitated
- Maintaining a record of Municipal Audit findings and support municipalities in addressing them
- Reviewing Municipal Financial Management systems, including consumer debt management